Central High School is home to the brilliant Bobcats! We are proud to be the first comprehensive high school in Arizona to offer the prestigious Cambridge Curriculum, which is the world’s largest provider of advanced college curricula, examinations, and college preparatory classes. Home to the International Magnet Program, Central offers a diversity of world language and global business classes unsurpassed in Phoenix. With global business pathways, a student advisory period, extended learning opportunities, stellar athletic programs, and diverse activities Central students will find a safe and rigorous environment for their preparation for college, career and life.
Message from Principal...
Dear Parents, Students, and Community Members:
On behalf of the entire Central High School faculty and staff, welcome back to school, as we begin the 2014-2015 school year. I am honored and excited to be a new member of the Bobcat family, serving as your Principal, and supporting our mission: Preparing every student for success in college, career, and life.
Recognized as the first Cambridge Center in Arizona, Central continues to embark on the journey of excellence. We will continue to collectively focus our efforts to improve all programs, embrace common core standards, and implement strategies to measure student growth and improve achievement.
Central is proud of its accomplishments and is pleased to note the following celebrations:
1. Central received positive academic gains in state testing in 2013-2014 in Reading, Writing, and Math.
2. Our partnerships with SUNSCentral/ASU iTeach, United Way/Graduation Destination and Upward Bound continue to demonstrate remarkable gains in the areas of student performance, staff development opportunities, vibrant incentives, and financial supports to help our students, and community continue our upward trajectory.
3. Central’s graduating seniors exceeded $2.5 million dollars in scholarship earnings. What an awesome accomplishment for our young people as they transition from high school in pursuit of their dreams.
4. The construction of our new JROTC building as well as the opening of Central’s Cub Pre-school, ages 3 to 5, is on target and ready for the beginning of the school year. These are two great additions to our amazing programs which are offered at Central High School.
The Central Administration is proud to announce and introduce new “family” additions to our Administrative Team. Please welcome the following members:
· Mrs. Nikki Alward - Assistant Principal of Registration
· Mr. Adrian De Alba - Assistant Principal of Student Services
· Mr. Gilbert Jones - Assistant Principal of Student Opportunities
In addition, congratulations to Dr. Michael Gard on his promotion as Central’s Assistant Principal of Instruction.
The staff of Central High School is dedicated to helping your student achieve his/her highest potential. We look forward to creating new enriching experiences together as we thrive in classrooms and extra-curricular activities. We encourage each of you to be an active participant in your own academic and social growth, knowing that you have a dedicated staff to support you along the way. Here’s to a year of accomplishments, success, and excitement!
School starts on Monday, August 4, 2014 at 8 am . Students’ schedules will not be held so it important that your student is here for the first day of school. Counseling services are available all summer to address any concern you might have regarding your student’s educational plan. Remember, incoming freshmen must attend the Freshmen Academy held on Tuesday, July 22 through Wednesday, July 23, 2014, from 8 am to 12 noon. Should you have any questions please call 602-764-7500.
Your Proud Bobcat Principal,
Mr. John Biera