Students who have not pre-enrolled as an 8th grader at one of our Partner District schools must register at the high school's registration office or online at www.phoenixunion.org/enroll
. Parent or guardian signatures are required to complete the enrollment process.
Items needed for registration:
- Birth Certificate OR other reliable proof of identity and age, including the student's baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number, or original school registration records, and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate. OR a letter from the authorized representative of an agency having custody of the student (pursuant to statute) certifying that the student has been placed in the custody of the agency as prescribed by law.
- Immunization Records OR proof of immunization exemption. PUHSD school nurses can provide FREE immunizations if needed.
Documents that are helpful, but are not required are: Current Transcript, State Test Scores, Transferring Grades and Withdrawal Form, Special Education Records (if applicable), and Guardianship Papers (if applicable)
If you have questions about enrollment, please call the school registration office.
OPEN ENROLLMENT: Open enrollment enables Arizona students to attend a public school whether or not they live within the school or district boundaries.
At Phoenix Union, we welcome students to explore how they can experience high school at one of our 15 high schools or in one of our many Magnet Programs.
The following conditions apply to the Open Enrollment Program:
- An Open Enrollment Application must be completed.
- Transfer is subject to the capacity limit established for the school, program, and/or its grade level.
- Student transportation will be the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian with the exception of students attending a Magnet Program or Metro Tech High School. Students that are attending a Magnet Program that is outside of their home attendance zone or Metro Tech High School can request that PUHSD provide them with available transportation.
- Providing false information on this form may result in the request being denied or admission revoked.
Some small/specialty schools and magnet programs have additional applications and/or requirements that must be met prior to acceptance.
Admission Guidelines:Open Enrollment Applications must be completed by the individual requesting enrollment, and must be signed by the parent/legal guardian and student. Consideration for admittance will be determined by the administration of the receiving school.